Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Too tired to type


Jasper sleeping peacefully- 2mo. old

I always knew I was not at my best when I'm sleep deprived, but an article in yesterday's paper made me realize how serious this thing really is. Most parents go through a period of sleep deprivation, and I know that many children wake up in the night, even after they are infants. I guess three years of inconsistent sleep really can be a physiological problem.....

The article says "studies have shown that inadequate sleep disrupts most of the physiologic functions in the human body, leading to an increase in cardiovscular disease, diabetes, obesity, strokes and cancer." they forgot to mention bitchiness, and memory loss.

It also says that "sleep deprivation can cause unclear thinking and impair decision making skills, eventually leading to psychosis and hallucinations." So that's what's wrong with me!!


I have been having so much fun with my boys in the day, the are complete loves, but when sleep time comes I have a much shorter fuse. I am going to save all the cute things they are doing and saying, (like Jonah kissing my belly over and over, loving the baby who is growing inside- he says she will come out and say "hi!", or Jasper having so much fun at preschool that it seems he doesn't need me to hover around all day...) and I will pray for a moment to close my eyes.


Yesterday I didn't write because the kids were taking turns screaming during nap time- they say you can't force a child to sleep, and I guess it's true. But I can hope and pray. Last night Jasper slept well for a change, and I'm still tired, so what gives? I guess I need a sleep sabatical.


Now Jasper's sleeping through the night is top priority, I can't get all those things listed above or how would I be able to keep up with the demands of my family? I've called the doctor and am even considering giving Jasper a shot of whiskey before bed.....JUST KIDDING! But I welcome any ideas at all because Lord knows that I need the sleep more than ever, and so does he.


That's all, I have no more to give.....pray for sleep. They are quiet now.... quick! to the couch!

No comments: